Take a look at this outstanding group!
We were thrilled to have 166 volunteers for the 2012 FedEx Cares Day at our Landauer and MLK early care and school readiness education centers, organized through our partnership with United Way of Metropolitan Dallas!
Jennifer Sampson, United Way CEO and President, and Tori Mannes, ChildCareGroup CEO and President welcomed volunteers.
The volunteers completed an incredible number of projects at both locations. We’ll let the numbers speak for themselves…
FedEx Cares Day in Dallas:
• 166 volunteers for 5 hours
• Two locations – MLK and Landauer ChildCareGroup Centers
• 105 degrees!
• Three rooms cleaned out, painted and put back together
• Two closets re-organized
• 90 minutes spent reading, making arts and crafts, singing and playing with nearly 150 preschoolers
• One overgrown playground transformed into real play space and 29 pounds of mulch hauled over and distributed
• One sandbox completely rebuilt
• Four new chalkboards built and painted
• All blinds were cleaned, repaired and/or installed in five classrooms
• Three new kid-friendly picnic benches built
• 13 benches painted
• 150 sack lunches packed and delivered to the kids
• 400 glittery cards made and birthday bags stuffed to celebrate each child’s birthday throughout the year. These will be used at all six ChildCareGroup locations.
• Time spent reading, making arts and crafts, singing and playing in five classrooms with 90 children
• Two flowerbeds planted
• Five bathrooms cleaned
• All windows cleaned inside and out
• Countless limbs removed so the kids have a safe place to play
• Three banners made for school events
And the biggest number of all? For every hour of community volunteer service logged, CCG receives $14.18 in funding. The grand total in-kind donation that ChildCareGroup receives as result of this volunteer event = $11,620
To view all photos, click here.
THANK YOU FEDEX!