The Week of the Young Child is coming up April 10-16! Staff at our child development centers are busy planning daily activities for children and parents. Pictures are coming next week, but here is a special sneak peek.
- MLK invites children to “bring a parent to school”, which includes a delicious breakfast and fun art activity!
- Bock invites children to bring a buddy (stuffed animal) to school and to participate in a community art project. Artwork will be displayed at the Oak Cliff Library.
- UMC invites children to play at the “Children’s Development Carnival”. Fun activities to enhance the children’s development will be provided, and parents are invited to volunteer.
- Anderson invites children to transform their classroom into beloved children books – from Green Eggs and Ham to The Very Hungry Caterpillar – these rooms will be decorated to the max.
- Salvation Army invites children to come on a fun outdoor picnic.
- Landauer invites children to create artwork to display at their special art gallery, featuring a jazz band, local artists as special guests and refreshments.
But that’s not all. Other daily activities include a parade, crazy hat day, lunch with dad, lunch with mom and many more!
Find more information on the Week of the Young Child HERE at the NAEYC website.